Individual Yoga Therapy sessions are tailored to the health concerns, abilities and needs of each person. The goals of Yoga Therapy include symptom reduction, as well as improved function and well being. Yoga Therapy can be adapted for all ages and health conditions.
These sessions are scheduled in Westerville, close to Worthington, Lewis Center and Columbus.
Yoga therapy begins with an initial 90 minute session to assess breath, alignment, health concerns and goals.
Follow-up 90 minute sessions are individualized, based on the assessment, and include:
- Breath focused practices
- Alignment awareness
- Yoga mudras (hand positions) to address specific health concerns
- Gentle joint movements to release chronic muscle tension and stress
- Individually selected yoga poses to address concerns/goals
- Relaxation with guided imagery or meditation
- Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT) 1,000 hour level of training
- Integrative Yoga Therapy, certified as a Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT 800)
- Yoga of the Heart® certification, for cancer and cardiac conditions
- E-RYT 500 teacher, Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance
To adequately address any health concerns, a minimum of three sessions is recommended. This would include the initial assessment session, plus two additional sessions, ideally scheduled 1-2 weeks apart.
A detailed session summary is emailed after each session, to allow for practice at home between sessions. The fee for each 90 minute session, including the summary, is $75.
Please print, fill out and bring with these two forms to your first session.